Usually ships within 24 hours with free 2 day business shipping for orders over $49.
- Short Description
- Warm, box wall constructed 750 fill power goose down vest with a durable Arato 40 nylon face fabric. Can be worn as a cold weather standalone, or as a midlayer in more severe conditions
- Down Composite Mapping strategically places Coreloft synthetic insulation in areas where moisture may buildup and down in areas for maximum warmth
- Combines the exceptional warmth of a box wall jacket with the lightness and freedom of movement of a vest
- Moisture resistant outer face fabric with DWR treatment
- Two hand pockets with zippers, one internal chest pocket with zipper, includes stuff sack
- Brand Name
- Closure Type
- Material Type
- Sleeve Type
- Sport Type
The Thorium SV vest combines the exceptional warmth of a box walled down jacket with the freedom of a vest. This gives it a versatility to perform as an outer layer in dry, moderately cold weather, or as a lofty midlayer for more severe cold. Lofty 750 fill European grey goose down delivers exceptional warmth for little weight, is durably resilient, and packs easily. The vest's baffles use box wall construction to deliver maximum loft. The outer is soft, durable Arato 40 nylon, a lightweight material that withstands abrasion, packs compactly and has a DWR finish to repel moisture. A vest seems simple, but requires as much attention to detail as any piece Arc'teryx builds. Arc'teryx Down Composite Mapping technology combines the goose down insulation with panels of Coreloft synthetic insulation in areas prone to moisture. The Thorium's Athletic fit is streamlined enough to fit under a shell, but leaves room for layers underneath should it be worn as a standalone. Gaskets are placed under the arms to block drafts, an internal dump pocket stows gloves or a toque, an internal zippered pocket secures a smartphone or wallet, and two insulated zippered pockets warm the hands.