- Short Description
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel
- Machined windows through device for weight savings
- Guide mode works with one or two climbers ascending or descending
- Auto-block release hole enlarged to accept a small carabiner
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught between ropes
- Brand Name
- Black Diamond
- Style Name
- Sport Type
- Maximum Compatible Rope DIameter
You Might Also Like
Nice Sleek Look
Haven't taken this out on the crag yet, but I used it to belay at an indoor gym and felt like it was a quality product. Smooth action.
This belay device is a must have for trad, sport and top roper climbers! No other belay device can accomplish what the ATC Guide can with as much ease! Bring up two seconds no problem, auto locking in the event of a fall no problem. In a single word, GREAT.
I started with a standard Black Diamond ATC which worked decent but i decided to upgrade to make it easier to lockout when belaying heavier climbers, and i couldnt be happier with this device. Light weight and the teeth help it lock out a lot easier with much less slipping. Definitely recommend this to anyone, begginer to pro.
I often belay people heavier than me. This helps to slow their descent and make it more controlled. I'm also a nervous rapeller, but being able to control my descent with the ridges on this piece of equipment really helps my piece of mind. Also great for multipitch. It is a bit heavy, but worth it for the peace of mind and additional safety.