Usually ships within 24 hours with free 2 day business shipping for orders over $49.
- Short Description
- A hard-wearing boot for a hard working man
- Black Horween Chromexcel 6-inch boot, Goodyear Welt
- Full leather top band, full leather midsole, grain insole
- Original Chippewa & Vibram Heritage cork sole rubber heel
- Munson type last, D Width
- Brand Name
- Original Chippewa
- Closure Type
- Shoe Width
- Sport Type
Original Chippewa is known as an originator of many features that are found in boots today. Here is concrete proof of just that: the 1939 6-inch Oiled Tan Plain Toe Service Boot. 1939 is the first year the classic 6-inch boot was offereed with a Vulkcork outsole. The sole is made from a natural cork and rubber blend to make a lighter and more flexible boot, compared to leather soled boots of the time. The black heel homage to a detail they discovered from many archival shoes from the 1940's and can be seen throughout their catalogs of the period.