- Short Description
- Bluesign certified environmentally clean manufacturing
- German made quality from the original inventor of the modern kernmantel rope, Edelrid
- Dry Shield and Thermo Shield Finished
- Rope Type: Single, Weight per Meter: 65g, Sheath Proportion: 38%, Number of Falls: 9, Impact Force kN: 9.0, Dynamic Elongation: 32%, Static Elongation: 9.3%, Sheath Slippage: 0
- Middle mark offers added convenience
- Brand Name
- Style Name
The Dry Shield finish is applied post production in an immersion bath of dry treatment material. Both the core & sheath are treated in this way. The finish is resistant to washing-out, providing a long lasting oleo & hydrophobic coating that keeps water, oily substances & dirt off the fibers. Together with the Thermo Shield treatment, Dry Shield optimizes handling, abrasion resistance & performance. This all helps to improve the lifespan of the rope.
The Thermo Shield treatment has been in use at Edelrid for more than 20 years. Thermo Shield is a thermal stabilizing process for the rope that gives it the famous Edelrid handling characteristics and feel. The rope undergoes a heat treatment cure to stabilize and harmonize the individual yarns. This treatment cannot be washed out and ensures a supple rope throughout its working life.
Bluesign certified environmentally clean
Edelrid is the first rope company world wide to successfully certify under the stringent Bluesign standard. Bluesign certifies that throughout all production procedures, all raw materials from the single fibers through to treatments are vetted, ensuring only the most environmentally friendly processes possible are being used.
You Might Also Like
Evolv Cruzer Approach Shoe - Women's$74.95
Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Mini Sock$17.95
Big Agnes Air Core Insulated Sleeping Pad$119.95
Bluewater 5MM Titan Pre-cut Accessory Cord$19.95
BlueWater Assaultline 11.6mm Static Climbing Rope$294.95
Bluewater Icon 9.1mm Dynamic Climbing Rope - Double Dry$196.00