- Short Description
- Bluesign certified environmentally clean manufacturing
- German made quality from the original inventor of the modern kernmantel rope, Edelrid
- Hawk is a high performance all-around rope for sport or trad climbing
- Features unique Sport Braid sheath construction for high abrasion resistance and smooth feel and Thermo Shield treatment for enhanced durability and handling
- Specs: 62 g/m, 36% sheath proportion, 6 UIAA falls, 8.9 kN impact force, 32% dynamic elongation, 9.2% static elongation, 0% sheath slippage, middle marked
- Brand Name
- Style Name
The Thermo Shield treatment has been in use at Edelrid for more than 20 years. Thermo Shield is a thermal stabilizing process for the rope that gives it the famous Edelrid handling characteristics and feel. The rope undergoes a heat treatment cure to stabilize and harmonize the individual yarns. This treatment cannot be washed out and ensures a supple rope throughout its working life.
EDELRID's specially developed sheath construction whereby one yarn is crossed by two. The result is a very tight, smooth and flexible sheath structure. This construction method has become synonymous with a particularly high abrasion resistance typical of ropes with this sheath.
Bluesign certified environmentally clean
Edelrid is the first rope company world wide to successfully certify under the stringent Bluesign standard. Bluesign certifies that throughout all production procedures, all raw materials from the single fibers through to treatments are vetted, ensuring only the most environmentally friendly processes possible are being used.
You Might Also Like
Evolv Cruzer Approach Shoe - Women's$74.95
Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Mini Sock$17.95
Big Agnes Air Core Insulated Sleeping Pad$119.95
Bluewater 5MM Titan Pre-cut Accessory Cord$19.95
BlueWater Assaultline 11.6mm Static Climbing Rope$294.95
Bluewater Icon 9.1mm Dynamic Climbing Rope - Double Dry$196.00