What We're Looking For:
Customer Service and Sales
- Determine the specific needs of each person that calls or enters the store and provide appropriate service based on their individual skill levels
- Give accurate, current, and knowledgeable information about products, applying personal experience with them where necessary
- Efficiently handle in-person product returns and exchanges in a way that demonstrates the spirit of our “Ironclad Guarantee”
- Maintain an upbeat, cheerful attitude reflective of the Coop company culture
- Utilize the tools and training provided to continue developing your selling and service skills, resulting in long-term customer relationships and ever-increasing sales
- Apply the above standards to all phone and online inquiries
- Monitor customer service metrics to ensure consistent satisfaction and approval
- Handle all customer service inquiries via phone and email related to orders made on GearCoop.com
- Operate the cash register without error and be consistently accurate in money handling
- Inspect and keep track of all returned product and coordinate with product managers regarding vendor RMA procedures
- Coordinate with catalog management department regarding online listing quality and data infidelity that could be resulting in loss of sales
- Practice security measures that prevent theft and understand the procedures for dealing with shoplifters
- Practice safety consciousness at all times, especially with customers climbing on the in-store bouldering wall
- Assist store management with keeping retail floor and back stockroom clean and well-organized
- Participate in all required clinics and employee training sessions
- Help out with store events and promotions, such as our weekly Beer & Bouldering nights
- Have fun and promote a positive work environment!
What You've Got:
- Plenty of experience climbing outdoors in the sport and trad disciplines
- High level of familiarity with trad and other climbing gear as well as technical outdoor apparel
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Very high productivity and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with email and web applications; aptitude with Excel a definite plus
- High competency at learning new skills and completing tasks quickly and correctly
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently at a high level with minimal instruction
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings as required for retail store shifts
- An unquenchable passion for the outdoors that manifests in your love of climbing, backpacking, backcountry skiing, mountaineering, and other outdoor sports REQUIRED!
What You Can Handle:
- Interact with customers both in person and on the phone while maintaining a pleasant, helpful demeanor
- Keep a calm and cool head when faced with stressful customer situations
- Look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Work productively within a flexible and often noisy environment
What We've Got:
- Fun and cutting-edge company culture and people!
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your outdoor lifestyle
- Strong company growth with future potential
- Opportunities for advancement
- Great gear discounts (40%-85% off!)
- Health insurance and PTO benefits
- Collaborative team environment that respects and appreciates employees
Pay commensurate with experience.
REQUIRED OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED: We want to know the downlow on all your outdoor endeavours, accomplishments, and projects. All GearCoopers live for the outdoors, so we want to know what keeps your passion running high. Whether it's climbing, mountaineering, snowsports, backpacking, your details!
Think you're cut out to join the Coop crew? Send a resume and brief statement about yourself and any related experience -- both on the job and off the trail -- to email@example.com (be sure to put “Store Clerk” in the subject line).