Usually ships within 24 hours with free 2 day business shipping for orders over $49.
- Short Description
- Classic Core - Full wood poplar core that offers fun pop, even flexand solid durability.
- Biax Fiberglass - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving rand snappy ride.
- Sintered 7000 Base - Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
- Karakoram Hardware - All Jones Splitboards feature Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stifness.
- Factory Tuned - All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Brand Name
- Color Name
- Sport Type
The Explorer Splitboard has been totally redesigned with a whole new look for 2016. The Explorer's new shape is perfect for yo-yo'ing backcountry pow laps or a heavy huck session as the floaty, freeride nose is matched with a freestyle tail. Directional Rocker makes it easy to butter or stomp and the mellow Magne Traction provides confident stability riding through tech terrain or unexpectedly rough snow conditions. Though the price is right, the Explorer doesn't skimp on performance features. The Sintered 7000 base is hyper fast and factory waxed with One Ball Jay BIO wax. On the skin track the inner edge Magne traction adds grip and the bamboo inner sidewalls improve manufacturing sustainability. The mountain face on the Explorer's topsheet is the Shangri-La Wall in Nepal. Jeremy Jones rode the first descent of the Shangri-La Wall filming for HIGHER in 2013. Photo by Andrew Miller. Wrap Tip Construction - Full wood core to the tip and ABS sidewall completely wraps around tip for added response and durability. Mellow Magne-traction - Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Magne-Traction improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board. Progressive Sidecut - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the side cut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.