- Short Description
- Q. Shield Down resist heat-robbing moisture and retains maximum loft even when wet
- Low profile quilt pattern to create heat trapping down channels for extra warmth with the freedom of a vest
- Recommended as a midlayer under a shell
- Single interior toggle hem for easy adjustment on the fly
- Zips into its own pocket for compact storage
- Best used for Backpacking, Hiking, and Alpine Climbing
- Brand Name
- Mountain Hardwear
- Part Number
Q.Shield with ion-mask™ technology fuses extreme water repellency directly into shell fabrics. Q.Shield gloves repel water like a force-field. Dunk a Q.Shield glove in water and it will come out completely dry. The treatment has no effect on feel or breathability and will perform for the life of the glove.
Ghost Whisperer Fabric
Ghost Whisperer is a fabric so unique there's only one mill in the world that can weave it. Mountain Hardwear developed this super-lightweight fabric as part of their Ueli Steck Project, a collaboration with speed alpinist Ueli Steck to reinvent climbing apparel and equipment for the next generation of ultrafast alpinists. The Ghost Whisperer fabric's super-tight weave is naturally downproof, windproof and water repellent. While some claim to offer lighter fabrics, the Ghost Whisperer is the world's only true 7 denier by 10 denier fabric, using single 7d and 10d yarns rather than pairs of strands.
You Might Also Like
I loved the color of this vest. It is quite lightweight and will work well in SC in the winter..good for fall and spring in the northeast.\nI gave it 4 versus 5 stars because I felt the nylon ripstop could have been more durable and I would have prefered a bit heavier zipper. The one used it what one would see in a lightweight dress , not for outdoor gear.\nOverall very pleased. The vest is warm and fitted. Length covers hips which is nice.\n