- Short Description
- TPT (Twill Pattern Technology) is a 1-over-1 sheath design that results in a lower coefficient of friction, significantly reducing drag through protection and has great handling properties.
- Endura Dry is the proprietary dry treatment process. All of New England Ropes have Endura dry treated cores. Select styles have a Double Dry (2x) treatment where the cover is coated with Endura Dry Treatment as well as the core for the ultimate in dry protection. These models carry the "2X Dry" or "Double Dry" designation.
- Static Elongation 5%, Dynamic Elongation 29%
- Sheath Slippage: 0mm
- Specs: 7 UIAA Falls, 65.5 g/m, impact force 9.5 kN
- Brand Name
- New England
- Discontinued By Manufacturer
- Item Condition
- Legal Disclaimer
- Material Type
- Maximum Weight Recommendation
- Model Name
- Part Number
- Specific Usage For Product
- Sport Type
- Static Elongation Percentage
- UIAA Fall Rating
- Style Name
The Glider series represents the ultimate in durability and reduced rope drag. Built to the same high performance standards as the Apex products, ropes in the Glider series utilize the TPT (Twill Pattern Technology) sheath design, significantly reducing drag. It's the rope that Rock and Ice described as "a fabulous feel without being soft and mushy...noticeably reduces drag...[and is a] real joy to handle with minimal kinking..."
Endura Dry is a multi-stage application process. For STD-Dry ropes, the coating is applied to the individual core yarns prior to the braiding process. The cores are then surrounded by an additional protective cover, locking in the water-blocking power of the coating. 2X Dry ropes are treated a second time using the same process. New England Ropes cures the finished product, using an environmentally controlled process that creates a chemical bond between the coating and the finished climbing rope. Endura Dry lubricates the individual core fibers, improving fiber-to-fiber abrasion that can occur beneath the surface.
Twill Pattern Technology (TPT) is a unique cover design resulting in a 1-over-1 pattern. This design produces a cover sheath with a smaller profile in cross section than plain pattern sheaths, which is the construction used in the majority of climbing ropes. For the climber, this ensures improved abrasion resistance over sharp edges (due to the smaller profile) and a smoother surface that significantly reduces drag in mechanical devices. The Elevate and Aspire Maxim Gym Ropes utilize TPT technology in their sheath construction. The added abrasion resistance, along with a 33% thicker cover, enables Elevate and Aspire ropes to withstand multiple falls and heavy abrasion inherent in climbing gyms without compromising handling or knotability.
You Might Also Like
Evolv Cruzer Approach Shoe - Women's$74.95
Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Mini Sock$17.95
Big Agnes Air Core Insulated Sleeping Pad$119.95
Bluewater 5MM Titan Pre-cut Accessory Cord$19.95
BlueWater Assaultline 11.6mm Static Climbing Rope$294.95
Bluewater Icon 9.1mm Dynamic Climbing Rope - Double Dry$196.00
I love this rope! I got it for a GREAT price and love it. I feel comfortable when climbing with this rope
use for sport climbing... great feeling rope, smooth feeding, easy clips!