- Short Description
- Made of a lightweight stretch-woven nylon/spandex fabric, with Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 40-UPF sun protection
- Zip fly with metal snap closure; belt loops
- Pockets: Two front and rear with envelope closures; zippered patch pocket on right thigh
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees for ease of movement
- 4.5-oz 96% nylon/4% spandex, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 40-UPF sun protection
- Brand Name
In the middle of Scirocco's big air runouts, you want a no-doubt view of where you're smearing your feet. With their below-the-knee fit, these rock climbing pants stay out of the way and provide exceptional mobility thanks to a tough, stretchy fabric blend of 96% nylon and 4% spandex. They have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed afternoon thunderstorms and life-of-the-garment 40-UPF sun protection. Articulated knees and a gusseted crotch let you move your legs freely; offset belt loops and a low-profile front snap add harness compatibility. The 5-pocket design includes two pockets in front, two in back and one on the thigh
Because Deluge DWR is so effective at repelling light rain and snow, we can forego the use of a waterproof barrier on Patagonia soft shells thus improving breathability tremendously. When used on Patagonia hard shells, in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the Deluge DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia products with the UPF disignation provide built-in sun protection that won't wear off. We select lightweight and breathable yarns and use special finishes (especially for light colors) to achieve sun protection. Patagonia clothes with rated UPF protection are tested independently to meet Australia/New Zealand or AATCC protocols. A rating of 15-24 earns a product rating of "good"; a rating of 25-39, "very good"; a rating of 40, 45 and 50+, "excellent." When tested in accordance with Australia/New Zealand test methods AS/NZS 4399 or AATCC 183/M6603/ASTM D6544.