Addictive but usually legal, crack climbing has become hugely popular in recent years. As a result, specific techniques and strategies have been developed by climbers to help tackle everything from low-angle slab cracks to soaring splitters. Through a blend of text, color photos, and illustrations, Crack Climbing! clearly demonstrates and explains what it takes to climb cracks successfully.
FROM THE INTRODUCTION
"It may be the fun and fluid motion of crack climbing, the sustained athleticism required, the 'head' for placing gear, or even the amazing like-minded individuals we meet at the crags that attract us to this sport. But more than all that, we like clipping the anchor on a wonderfully strenuous crack and experiencing the worn-out yet satisfied feeling of arriving home at the end of a long, happy journey."
Starting with an overview of the unique crack types found at the world's most famous climbing areas, the authors move on to cover such topics as:
- Jamming techniques (finger, hand, fist, foot, body)
- Strategies for specific crack types such as chimneys, liebacks, underclings, and roof cracks
- How to safely lead cracks and place protection
- Techniques for efficient movement and strength recovery while climbing
- Obtaining the psychological edge to be a successful crack climber
- Short Description
- Brand Name
- Falcon Guides