With the Pro Shield finish every single core and sheath yarn is covered with a synthetic fluoropolymer coating that is stable and nontoxic. The microscopic (10-9 m) fluoropolymer particles are bonded to the yarns by an electro-chemical process forming an impermeable protective layer. This both reduces the friction between the individual yarns and increases the sliding properties of these yarns, which substantially improves the rope's loading properties. This helps the rope to withstand the external forces (falls) exerted upon it during climbing. Additionally, the rope is well protected against moist and dirty conditions.
The Dry Shield finish is applied post production in an immersion bath of dry treatment material. Both the core & sheath are treated in this way. The finish is resistant to washing-out, providing a long lasting oleo & hydrophobic coating that keeps water, oily substances & dirt off the fibers. Together with the Thermo Shield treatment, Dry Shield optimizes handling, abrasion resistance & performance. This all helps to improve the lifespan of the rope.
The Thermo Shield treatment has been in use at Edelrid for more than 20 years. Thermo Shield is a thermal stabilizing process for the rope that gives it the famous Edelrid handling characteristics and feel. The rope undergoes a heat treatment cure to stabilize and harmonize the individual yarns. This treatment cannot be washed out and ensures a supple rope throughout its working life.
Bluesign certified environmentally clean
Edelrid is the first rope company world wide to successfully certify under the stringent Bluesign standard. Bluesign certifies that throughout all production procedures, all raw materials from the single fibers through to treatments are vetted, ensuring only the most environmentally friendly processes possible are being used.
- Short Description
- A universal lightweight rope for climbing in alpine, crag or indoor conditions. With EDELRID's new and highly efficient Pro Shield treatment, the Eagle offers the perfect protection for wet or dirty conditions. Equally at home on fast alpine ascents where snow or rain can be expected, or on a warm sunny day at the crag, the Eagle fulfils the task with flying colors.
- Bluesign certified environmentally clean manufacturing
- German made quality from the original inventor of the modern kernmantel rope, Edelrid
- Eagle is their top of the line rope featuring Pro Shield for the ultimate handling and durability
- Specs: 63 g/m, 34% sheath proportion, 7 UIAA falls, 9.4 kN impact force, 28% dynamic elongation, 7.6% static elongation, 0% sheath slippage
- Brand Name
- Style Name