DETAILSThe role and life of a rope has changed over the years since Edelrid first invented the kernmantel rope back in 1953. Today, at 63 g/m Hawk is engineered super lightweight for its class. This weight advantage, coupled with Edelrid's Thermo Shield treatment and Sport Braid sheath construction, makes Hawk an ideal choice for all types of climbing in dry weather conditions.
The Thermo Shield treatment has been in use at Edelrid for more than 20 years. Thermo Shield is a thermal stabilizing process for the rope that gives it the famous Edelrid handling characteristics and feel. The rope undergoes a heat treatment cure to stabilize and harmonize the individual yarns. This treatment cannot be washed out and ensures a supple rope throughout its working life.
This unique sheath construction crosses one yarn by two as opposed to the typical two over two construction. The result is a very tight, smooth and flexible sheath structure. This construction method has become synonymous with a particularly high abrasion resistance typical of ropes with this sheath.
Bluesign certified environmentally clean
Edelrid is the first rope company world wide to successfully certify under the stringent Bluesign standard. Bluesign certifies that throughout all production procedures, all raw materials from the single fibers through to treatments are vetted, ensuring only the most environmentally friendly processes possible are being used.
Specs: 63 g/m, 38% sheath proportion, 7 UIAA falls, 8.8 kN impact force, 34% dynamic elongation, 8.0% static elongation, 0% sheath slippage, middle marked
- Short Description
- Bluesign certified environmentally clean manufacturing
- German made quality from the original inventor of the modern kernmantel rope, Edelrid
- Hawk is a high performance all-around rope for sport or trad climbing
- Features unique Sport Braid sheath construction for high abrasion resistance and smooth feel and Thermo Shield treatment for enhanced durability and handling
- Specs: 63 g/m, 38% sheath proportion, 7 UIAA falls, 8.8 kN impact force, 34% dynamic elongation, 8.0% static elongation, 0% sheath slippage, middle marked
- Brand Name
- Part Number
- Style Name