DETAILSMicroClimate Zoning construction follows the body's natural hot and cold spots, using warm, compressible Thermic Micro to insulate your core, and high-stretch side panels to add breathability and stretch where you need it most. An alpine essential.
MicroClimate Zoning utilizes a combination of fabrics in a single garment to create gear that is more comfortable and functional in a wide variety of conditions. Because the body generates heat at different rates on different parts of the body, the Mountain Hardwear R&D department biomapped the human torso and developed an innovative approach to making garments. Instead of using one fabric or lining in the whole garment, MicroClimate Zoning places specific materials only where the user needs them more warmth in cold-sensitive areas, less bulk or material where the body puts out more heat.
Lofty, Warm, and Compressible
Thermally bonded short staples compress tighter (and spring back faster) and don't require stiffening chemical additives to stabilize the fill. This makes for a highly compressible bag that retains excellent loft. Produced in a single sheet of consistently dense insulation, Thermic Micro eliminates variation in fill thickness and possibilities of cold spots.
- Short Description
- MicroClimate Zoning construction for built-in wind protection, warmth, breathability and stretch
- Lightly insulated body panels and sleeves for just the right amount of warmth
- Technostretch side panels for stretch and breathability
- Dual hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments
- Micro-Chamois-lined chin guard prevents zipper chafe
- Weight: 13 oz. / 369 g
- Brand Name
- Mountain Hardwear