The Free Swimmer features an Air Rotor that stands out for its balance, toughness, and sensitivity. Its arched profile and 15% weight reduction compared to standard rotors offers optimal winding smoothness while eliminating vibration thanks to a lowered center of gravity. Its waterproof, carbon Automatic Tournament Drag (ATD) system uses an improved drag grease with low viscosity at rest that becomes more viscous immediately after drag start-up. The result is a super-smooth drag with low initial inertia and beast-stopping power. The Free Swimmer is available in both 8,000 and 10,000 sizes, with an all-aluminum frame and features Digigear technology. Compared to most of the competition, the gears are between 20% to 40% larger and have a bigger tooth pattern, resulting in longer gear life, up to three times that of competitive reels.
- ATD DRAG: Daiwa's Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
- DIGIGEAR: Daiwa's first generation of digitally engineered gear design ensures a perfect mesh between ultra-tough drive gear and pinion gears for optimized speed, power, durability and smoothness.
- MACHINE CUT HANDLE: Daiwa's new handle design is slimmer, more compact, and 50% lighter.
- Line Per Crank: 39.6, Gear Ratio: 4.7
- Weight (oz): 22.6, Drag Max: 22