Home > Climbing > Mountaineering & Ice > Ice Axes & Tools > Ice Axes >
Designed for classic mountaineering, the SUMMIT ice axe offers an excellent balance between price and performance. It is lightweight and offers good anchoring performance of both the head and the spike; it is curved to offer necessary clearance for steep ice; it can be used in piolet-canne or piolet-rampe mode as well as in piolet-traction mode on short, steep sections.
- Lightweight ice axe, but with enough weight in the head for good anchoring power
- the upper part of the shaft is curved to offer good clearance when climbing
- Pick and adze in hot-forged steel, ensuring solid anchoring
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent protection