Built for technical precision, lightweight protection, insulation performance and best fit in cold, wet conditions. The Ortles Couloir is Salewa's award-winning, innovative, fully-crampon-compatible boot designed for alpine mountaineering, ice and mixed climbing.
- Low-profile design and weighs just 725 grams, making it the lightest boot of its kind in this category
- By using moulded carbon fibre reinforced polymer composites with unidirectional fibres, our footwear designers reduce thickness, but still ensure maximum torsional and longitudinal rigidity, strength and stiffness
- The double boot construction features a waterproof, breathable membrane, an elastic, protective and comfortable external nylon gaiter with a heat-welded, water-resistant YKK zip and an abrasion-resistant PU rand
- The Vibram Litebase technology outsole is designed for surefootedness. As it weighs 30% less than a conventional sole, it brings weight-saving and energy-saving gains, while ensuring optimal grip, traction and durability
- Underfoot, the variable thickness lightweight carbon fibre shank plate supports good stability, load transfer and precision for front pointing and has been developed with dedicated thickness areas, to provide the right flexibility and stability for different activities